Saturday, August 31, 2013

Carnival Night!

 
As most of you reading know, my grandma Ruby has stage 4 small cell carcinoma of the lung.  She was given 2-4 months to live. As grandma pointed out when I went to change her calendar to August, that was 4 months ago.
 
I have been coming home at least every 2 weeks, if not more, to spend as much time with her as I can.  Grandma Ruby has always been a big part of my life.  I grew up spending the day with her while my parents were at work.  She is my "second mom" or at least that's what I called her. :) 
 
I'm always trying to think of fun activities to do when I come home and Michael came up with this one.
 
A carnival night!
 
 
 
We started with face painting. 
Grandma got a pretty flower!
 
 
 
We all got our own nasal cannulas to match grandma. 
 
 
She was pumped.
(I was making a carnival, not a fashion statement.)
 
 
Michael made some yummy cotton candy!
 
 
I made mini funnel cakes using bisquick, hot vegetable oil, and a bug juice squirt bottle.
Mom and grandma enjoyed these treats with a side show.
 
The first act:

 
The biggest, little couple in the world!
Michael couldn't keep his midget shoes on.
 
The second act:

 
Conjoined Man & Wife!
 
Not pictured: Mom, ring toss, balloon animals & throwing a safety pin at the balloon animals.

 
Grandma laughed so hard.
 Acting so stupid was unbelievably worth it.
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment