Monday, December 23, 2013

Blog Makeover

The amazing Merrell has struck again and made over the blog!
She purchased the flower images from ShhMakerDesign on Etsy and used 2014 Patone colors. 
(Let's be real... I don't know what that means.)
But I love it!

I have always loved to write.  I have a folder full of poems I wrote throughout middle school that are painfully awful. I thought they were amazing. I was sadly mistaken.

As much as I love sharing my terrible poems, crafts, and recipes, what I truly love to share is my life. As an open book. Which is nerve-wracking.
 It causes me to be vulnerable in a way that makes me uncomfortable.
Vulnerable in a way that makes me look at myself and see just how amazing God's grace is. 

This journey began when my heart was burdened and I needed an outlet.
 That turned into four different come to Jesus blurbs:
 Life & Death...& Eternity
Control & Cotton Candy
The Curse of a Planner
(I still have one I haven't posted. :))

I didn't know what they were, only my struggles and convictions strung together into words...
who would want to read that?

But I prayed. 

Then I knew what they were.

Maybe they were words no one else would ever read. 
Maybe I would be judged for my words.
Maybe no one would care.

But maybe someone has the same struggles as me.
Maybe I'm not alone.
Maybe they were words God would use.

And even if it only made a difference to one person...

That's exactly what God had in mind. 

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'.
Truly, thank you for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment