Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Last Christmas Grandma

This Christmas I had the blessing of knowing it would my grandma's last.

I say this not to be dramatic or even tragic, just honest. 
We hadn't dared to hope we would spend this holiday with her, but God graciously gifted it.

How much differently would we all live if we cherished moments as if they would never occur again? 

Since my parents' divorce my mom and I have had such special Christmases on Christmas Eve with grandma. Michael didn't miss out on many. :)
It is an all day affair.
We wake up and all open our stockings. You are never too old for a stocking, ask Grandma! 
We stay in our new jammies and open presents. 
Mom always has an extravagant gift hidden with secret messages as to its whereabouts.  
We eat a scrumptious meal of ham and sweet potatoes prepared by Grandma and mom. 
We watch Christmas movies and play cards and games. 
And we finish each Christmas eve by watching "It's A Wonderful Life".
It is cozy and warm and home. 

This year it was even sweeter. 
I relished each moment knowing that next year Grandma will not be there when I wake up. 
She will not have a stocking. 
There will not be a gift made by her hands under the tree. 

I don't feel too bad for her though, she will be having Christmas with Jesus. 

But our Christmas will never be the same.  
So, we enjoyed every minute.


I made 106 paper snowflakes.  
Grandma kept saying we had a white christmas inside and out. :)




Grandma made me a scarf.

Boone's a good helper.

She loved her new fuzzy slippers (so did Boone).

I made dinner this year!



Mini banana cream pies.

Messy little things.

Afternoon nap. The puppies wouldn't stray far.

 Grandma had tried to crochet a headband for me but was unable to.
So, she taught me.
Or tried...


God gives the best Christmas gifts.



He started with His son.


No comments:

Post a Comment