Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Our Precious {first} Baby

09/03/2015

I accidentally told a close friend when we were 5 weeks along. She shared with me a quote from when Anna Duggar announced her pregnancy at 8 weeks:

“Every life, regardless of how young or short lived deserves to be recognized and celebrated.”

We told our family the weekend before we lost baby.  That Wednesday I thought to myself, how cruel our God is, we just told our families and now we have to call and tell them baby is not alive.

My brother held my hand Thursday after my procedure in the darkness of our guest bedroom. I cried and questioned aloud why God didn’t tell me a week ago before we told our family, or 3 weeks ago for that matter.

Keith told me that I should have seen the joy and happiness for our baby that erupted around that table when we shared our news.  He told me how happy he was that we got to celebrate baby together.

That day is one of my greatest treasures. If only for a few days, our family got to love our baby and rejoice for the gift of baby’s life.


I will never stop thanking God for our time with baby, our family’s opportunity to celebrate our baby, and the glorious blessing it was to carry our precious first child.



































No comments:

Post a Comment