Sunday, April 17, 2016

A New Year, Thank God

written 01/01/2016

The holidays have been a tug of war between rejoicing for the future that the birth of Christ promises and being saddened by the absence of our babies. 

The new year was a struggle between being grateful as hell that that terrible year is over and not really looking forward to another year.


That sounds bad, but I’m not sure that is completely a bad thing. It isn’t that I have no hope, I think I may just be learning that nothing in this world can satisfy me. That this world is not my home. This world will have always have trouble. I am not made for it. And for the first time, I don’t belong. And I don’t want to.


As much as I would like to trade this past year in, I wouldn’t dare. The God I knew last January was not as mighty, as sovereign, as powerful, as loving, or merciful as the God I know now. He hasn't changed, but oh how I have.

As much as I wish I could, I wouldn't trade it. 

Christ's promises are way better than the promises of a New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment