Thursday, October 3, 2013

DIY: Wedding Gift


When trying to decide what to get one of my closest friends for her wedding day I wanted to make it truly special. 

I opted for a bunch of great ideas I found in a lot of different places. 


The box itself was pretty important.  I found the box at Hobby Lobby and painted the coral stripe to match Dana's wedding colors.  I sanded the edges and random spots to for a distressed look. 
 The letter was also from Hobby Lobby, painted, and sanded. 

The note on the lid read: 
"Make a pact to deposit $1 into this box every time you make love & save it for your 50th anniversary.
It will be a great way to inspire intimacy. 
Who knew how far a dollar could get you!"


I included a book called "Sheet Music" by Kevin Leman that was given to Michael and I by good friends for our wedding.  This is a book that takes a Godly approach to intimacy but does not hold ANYTHING back.  It will make you blush, but is a truly great newlywed read.
The note read: "Make some music :) "


Pinterest Project! Wedding invitation ornament!
I cut up their beautiful invitation into strips guided by each line on the invitation.
Twist each strip around a pencil. 
Put into clear christmas ornament. 
I used burlap for the hanging loop and coral ribbon for embellishment.


I included 20 index cards with questions to ask periodically throughout the coming years. 
People change. 
It is important to constantly get to know your spouse and who they have become.
The note read:
"Don't ever stop getting to know each other"


I included a journal with the following instructions:
"Use this journal to leave each other notes
-what you love about each other, what you are grateful for, a love letter or words of encouragement.
Hide the journal for the other to find."

I can't take credit for this one. I found this and the box idea on a really neat blog.
Michael and I did this when he was working nights at the jail and I was on clinical during the day. It was fun. :)


Pinterest Project! Date night jar!
I painted large popsicle sticks to coordinate with Dana's colors.  
I wrote with fine sharpies date night ideas. 
Here are few ideas:
  • Make homemade pizzas together. 
  •  Have a living room camp out. Make a tent out of blankets, watch a movie and sleep on an air mattress.
  • Pick a letter of the alphabet. Everything in your evening must start with this letter!
  • 1000 piece puzzle and pizza!


I decorated the jar with burlap, twine, and tags!


Not pictured: classy, white lingerie.

I also wrote Dana a letter.


She is the best, and she deserved the best gift. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment