Thursday, October 10, 2013

Anniversary Pictures... and a SURPRISE!


Every year Michael and I take pictures for our anniversary. So we can watch ourselves grow old together. Here are a few of this years pictures... the best ones yet!













A huge thanks to an always creative and dedicated photographer & friend, Merrell Harmon.

I wanted to do the pictures on campus, just in case this was our last year in Columbia. 
When we headed downtown I was kind of sad.

We ended up on the edge of very large parking garage. The amazing Merrell is risking her life standing on the side of it ... when she says she needs to change lenses.  
(Looking back, I should have suspected something, she was 5 feet from us.)
Michael jumps down and as he is facing me, Merrell comes up behind him and, from my vantage point there is no other way to describe it, she is full-on touching his butt.  
(Some of my scary dreams of Michael and Merrell are coming true right before my eyes!)
What in the world are you doing?!?!


My confusion grows and Michael takes a ring box out of his back pocket. 
(What are you doing? You did that already?!)

He tells me that these 3 years have been the best of his life and he wants to give me the ring I deserve.


The ring I deserve?


I can't help but think of the nagging, impatient, and selfish wife I can be...  
Of how on a daily basis I fail to respect and love my husband the way Jesus commands me to.


But somehow this man thinks I deserve this ring.


Another man, a sinless man, died for me. Undeserving, unworthy me. 
He gave His life to give me life more abundantly.
Regardless of how undeserving I am.

I married a man that loves me like Jesus.


And for that, I am humbled.

And so very thankful.

Every single time you feel satisfied, bless the Lord your God.
Lesson from Deut. 8:10

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome Katelyn! So glad to hear that ya'll are doing well! Your pictures (and your new ring) are gorgeous. Love the blog, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alicia!! How are you!?! I miss you too!

      Delete
  2. Awe! i love this!!! you two are just the cutest! Many more years of wedded bliss and surprises!! :)

    ReplyDelete