Friday, April 4, 2014

Praise God for the hard times.

God works in ways we cannot see.

During my second year of physical therapy school I received a fellowship that required my last clinical be at the Kenny Roger's Children's Center in Sikeston, MO. However, they only had one spot available and Rachel's lottery pick higher than mine, so Rachel went to Sikeston. My first choice for my final clinical was the Children's Therapeutic Learning Center in Kansas City. Which I got.

Then I put my name in a for a draw for St. Louis Children's Hospital. I didn't get it.

I still wasn't sure I was where I was suppose to be.

I ended up switching to Mercy Outpatient Pediatric Therapy for my final clinical. I switched in hopes of making connections in Springfield in order to find a job.

Three weeks before my clinical began we thought there may be a clinical instructor at Kenny Roger's that could take me so that Rachel and I could go together. That didn't work out.

Before Michael and I decided that we are moving to Springfield I applied and interviewed for a full time position at Rusk Rehabilitation in Columbia, MO.  My third clinical was at Rusk, you can read about how much I loved it here, here, and here.

That was a month ago. I was sure that just as soon as we decided they would call and make a offer and I would feel torn. My confidence wavered as time continued on and I didn't hear anything.

The week before I started my clinical I was checking job postings in Springfield every day; Mercy, Cox, the Developmental Center of the Ozarks, but mainly Mercy. Mercy had many listings for outpatient therapy that I passed over every day. Outpatient orthopedics is just not my thing. I love the little people.

For some reason one morning I clicked the listing. The first sentence read:

*Position will be primarily in pediatrics.*

If that's not a God thing, I don't know what is. 

I applied that Friday morning and started my clinical in the same exact position on Monday, just a week and a half ago.

This past Monday my clinical instructor told me the therapy manager left a note for me to interview with him on Wednesday. I was so excited!

Then, on Tuesday, Rusk finally called me back and offered me the position! Yes, we had decided to move but it was exciting to receive my first job offer. I have no doubt that the offer was timed perfectly.  When we had become confident in our decision to move so that there was no second guessing. 

Rusk needed an answer by the end of the week. 

My interview on Wednesday at Mercy led to a meeting with human resources on Thursday. A couple hours later I received a phone call offering me a full time position. 

God is all knowing. All powerful. And ever faithful.

It is amazing to look back and see God putting His plan into motion. From Rachel being a higher lottery number than me to out of no where changing my clinical pick, God was in control of every single detail. Leaving no room for doubt as to where He wants us to serve Him. 

It is so easy to praise God for the abundant blessings we are currently receiving. These blessings demonstrate the utter importance of praising God through the storms. Through all the struggles of indecision, trials in our marriage when I began physical therapy school, and months spent struggling to pay bills, God was at work leading to today.

Praise God for the hard times.

Today I accepted a position as a Mercy Pediatric Physical Therapist. 

God is good.

And the best part is that He isn't finished with us yet.

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you guys for taking this next step with his will in focus. It's easy to ignore God's providence and take credit ourselves, but I'm encouraged by the way you guys are using this to glorify him, and make much of his plan. It's a warming reminder of how much he's blessed Emily and I... and how much we'll miss you both.

    ReplyDelete