Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Faint Line

10/23/2015


You know those moments in your life that change everything? Where nothing is as it was just one second ago...
For instance, when I said I do.
When I saw those two lines.
When I didn’t hear a heartbeat.
And today, when I saw a second line.


Or wait... did I?


Just barely.
Does that count?
Three more tests.
Three more faint lines.


Hope.


I took the test expecting NOTHING... feeling surrendered for quite possibly the first time in my life. It took just one second and then I was dreaming and planning how I was going to tell Michael, our families, all the while standing in complete awe of God’s redemption and plan.
Then I grabbed the reins and pulled hard…
Maybe I shouldn’t tell Michael if it isn’t for real. I went and bought a 3rd package of tests, digital this time, so no faint line would trick me. I waited until this morning. I couldn’t sleep any longer than 5:50 am. I turned away from the test as I waited. I prayed for surrender. I prayed not to be crushed. I turned around.


Not pregnant.


My heart sank. I put the tests away, crawled back into bed, and laid my head on Michael’s shoulder, defeated. I told him. He held me. Didn't I just surrender the desire?


We went shopping for an accent chair later. Michael was careful with my raw emotions all day. I spotted this chair from across the store and walked directly to it, I became excited.


I sat down in it... and it rocked. My heart sank again. I looked up at Michael and he knew how much we both wanted to be able to rock our baby. He said this is the one and we took it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment