Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Turn it off

09/27/2015

I had a dream last night that we had a baby.
I was trying to find the baby a bottle and I was getting frustrated because we didn’t have any matching bottles. (That might sound silly but it actually sounds exactly like me.)
I have such a deep desire to be a mother. I know that I am one, but I mean to care for and demonstrate God’s love to a child in this world; to hold our baby in my arms, to change diapers, and get up in the middle of the night.
Today, I just want Him to take this desire from me. 

It makes my heart ache to think that I am a mother, yet I cannot hold my baby. It makes my heart ache to wait. And today, maybe for just one day, I want a break from this strong desire He has placed on my heart.
But I know it will not cease.
And somewhere inside me, I know that He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment