Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day 4

07/11/2015

When I went to bed last night, I thanked God.

But this morning when I woke up, I had to remind myself of the truth:
Baby is gone.
I am not pregnant.

Michael and I went for a drive this morning. The sun was bright. Everything was so green and so beautiful. The world is still beautiful.

I finished baby’s journal, unsubscribed to Baby Bump emails, and I checked some of my messages. And then, I didn’t feel brave anymore. I didn’t feel strong. I went back to the guest bedroom and lay in the dark in my husband’s arms, drained and weak and broken while the sun continued to shine.

Today, I feel more lost than ever.



4 comments:

  1. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4
    Praying for comfort for you and Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The steps you took today were so brave. The apps and the emails being gone will help until you need them again one day. You will absolutely get through this. I'm so happy you are blogging about what seems to be the unspoken event of so many. Keep trucking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your encouragement, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete